Think and Grow Rich. If you own a business, this book should be at the top of your reading list. The book studies the characteristics of high achievers and, from the findings, presents 16 “laws” of success, further condensed into 13 principles. These principles are as follows:
- Auto Suggestion
- Specialized Knowledge
- Organized Planning
- Power of the Master Mind
- The Mystery of Sex Transmutation
- The Subconscious Mind
- The Brain
- The Sixth Sense
Do you have what it takes to be the next Jay-Z, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet, Dale Carnegie or Jack Welch? You’ll note that these leaders are from very different industries, with very different stories of how they worked their way to the top. The point is, that they all made it to the top and followed some form of these 13 principles.
Below we’ve identified the principles that we at Cristophe Salon Newport Beach feel are most influential to be a great leader.
- Think differently. You can call it innovation, imagination or a number of other adjectives, but in its simplest form, it’s just thinking differently. Success comes from an open mind and a willingness to think outside the box, and then going all the way with it. Allow yourself to be creative. There are no limits when it comes to your business.
- Take risks. Consider Thomas Edison. He identified a thousand times over what did not work until finally he discovered what does. Allow yourself to take risks, get outside of your comfort zone and do. You won’t grow personally or professional otherwise. You’ll find the risk is worth every bit of the reward if you fully commit yourself.
- Believe in yourself. Weed through all of the programs in your mind that say you’re not good enough. Believe that you can do it and that people will come. If you don’t believe in yourself, who will? As many people as you may haveon your side , you will also have that many people against you. You have to be strong to not let that negative energy bring you down. The ability to overcome negativity and overcome your fears (i.e. take risks) separates great leaders from the pack.
- Think positive. Quantum theory tells us that we are physically weakened when we’re surrounded by negativity. On the flip side, we’re physically strengthened when surrounded by positive thoughts. Don’t allow yourself to weaken. Think positively and surround yourself with a team of supporters, a team of believers.
- Attract what you desire. More about the law of attraction on our previous blog. http://blogs.ocmetro.com/making-the-cut-law-of-attraction/
- Be about the people. Your employees, your clients, your partners and your vendors are your business’ lifeblood. Establish and maintain great relationships. Get these people to believe in you, too. They have to see that you’re going for it, that you’re driving your own desires, and that they can trust you.
Walk away from this blog with a renewed sense that you can do it, that you will be successful and that you are a great leader. Desire it. Pursue it. Be relentless. And grow.
What are your leadership principles?